Important safety information
Read this important information carefully before using the device and keep it for later use.
- Water and electricity are a dangerous combination! Do not use this device in a damp environment (e.g. in the bathroom, near a shower or a swimming pool).
- Keep the power supply dry.
- Make sure that no water gets into the device or is spilled over it.
- Never immerse the device in water. Do not rinse it under running water either.
- Do not place anything near the device that could cause water or other liquids to drip or splash onto the device.
- This device is intended for indoor use only.
- The adapter contains a transformer that converts unsafe 100-240 V AC mains voltage into safe 24 V DC low voltage. Do not replace the adapter with any other plug under any circumstances, as this may endanger the user and the device.
- Never use the sound pillow for audio playback outside the "SAMINA Sound Light Sleep App" (YouTube, SoundCloud, iTunes, Spotify or similar). The speakers are exclusively designed for the special frequencies, volume and tones of the Sound Light Sleep app.
- Never look directly into the light or directly into the LED.
- Never use the device if the lamp housing is damaged, broken or missing. If the adapter, power cord, or fixture are damaged, liquid has been spilled on or objects have fallen into and/or onto the fixture, the fixture has been exposed to rain or moisture, or is not operating properly or has been dropped or damaged, do not operate the fixture.
- If you feel uncomfortable at any time during an application, do not continue the application.
- Use the device only with the supplied adapter.
- If the power supply unit is damaged, it must only be replaced with an original spare part to avoid danger
- This device is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the device by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not use this device to shorten your sleep time. The purpose of this device is to help you wake up. However, it does not reduce your need to sleep.
- Before operating the device, check whether the voltage specification on the device corresponds to the local mains voltage.
- Take care not to step on or bend the power cord. This applies in particular to plugs, sockets or the outlet from the lamp.
- To avoid irreparable damage to the adapter, do not use the adapter in or near a wall outlet to which an electric air freshener is connected.
- Do not drop the device or subject it to heavy impact.
- Place the device on a stable, level and non-slip surface.
- Do not interfere with the cooling of the unit by covering the unit with items such as blankets, curtains, clothing, papers, etc.
- Do not use the device at room temperatures below 5℃ or above 35℃.
- The device has an on/off switch, to turn the device off, do not unplug the power adapter from the wall outlet. The adapter and the power outlet must be easily accessible at all times.
- This device is only suitable for domestic use or in a similar environment, such as a hotel.
- No open fire sources such as lighted candles should be placed on the unit.
- The LEDs in this system are not replaceable. When they reach the end of their life, the entire Sound Light System must be replaced. When used correctly, the LED will last up to 40'000 hours.
- If you often wake up too early or with a headache, reduce the set light intensity and/or the set duration of the sunrise simulation.
- If you are often awakened by the alarm sound, increase the set light intensity and/or the set duration of the sunrise simulation.
- If another person is sleeping in the room, this person may be unintentionally awakened by the wake-up light, even though he or she is further away from the device. This is because people react differently to light.
- The power consumption of the device is lowest when no device is paired via the USB port and the lamp, music and light are turned off.